- 1 cup dried ful, small-size bean, rinsed and drained
- 8 cups water
- 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup peeled and thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place the beans (ful) in a medium pot and add 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, and let stand 1 hour, covered. Drain.
Return the ful to the pot and add 4 cups of fresh water. Bring to a boil, covered, and reduce to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until the beans are tender. Drain.
Mix the beans with the tomato, garlic, parsley, and onion. Prepare the dressing and toss with the vegetables. Chill before serving. Serves 4 as a salad.
From "The Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors" by Jeff Smith
Blogged with Flock